Today, many of us have a mistaken idea of which traits men actually find most attractive in women. Media and advertising set unrealistic standards of beauty, causing intelligent women with full-time careers to feel pressured to look like photoshopped celebrities.
They feel they must spend their hard-earned income on personal trainers, lip injections, and hair extensions in order to be considered attractive.
Forget about all of that, ladies, because what the male brain is designed to find attractive is probably focused on different features than you think. Below are five physical traits men find most attractive in women, according to scientific research.
1. Large eyes. Research shows that men find larger eyes to be more appealing and more attractive. Men equate bigger eyes with femininity, health, youth, and fertility.
Larger eyes are also a sign that the woman has higher levels of estrogen, which would make them more reproductively fit. This is because the female hormone estrogen prevents facial bone growth, which causes eyes to be larger and more prominent in a female’s face.
2. White teeth and a big smile. Your beautiful white teeth are a sign of health and good genetics. Some people even associate white teeth with being of a higher status, which is deemed more attractive. Poverty, illness, and disease can all cause yellow teeth, and none of those qualities are attractive.
3. The curvature of your spine. Researchers at Turkey’s Bilkent University showed 300 men photos of female silhouettes with different degrees of spine curvature and asked the men to select the women they found most attractive.
The majority of the men were most attracted to the women with a curvature of 45.5 degrees, because it accentuated their posterior, making it appear bigger.
4. Glowing skin. Smooth, glowing skin is a sign of youth, health, and good life choices. A woman with good skin appears to maintain a healthy diet and is unlikely to abuse substances.
In fact, good skin is one of the few instant indicators of good health a man will notice when he’s giving you a once-over. That in itself is an attractive quality, but there’s also the added attraction that radiant skin is a sign of fertility.
5. Thick, healthy hair. Thick hair is associated with health, youth, and vitality. Hair will thin out when you age or when you lack nutritional health.
Long, thick, and healthy hair is seriously attractive to most men, who are likely to associate your luscious locks with fertility, beauty, and femininity.