1. Carry your wife to the bed when she sleeps off in the sitting room, make her feel like a baby at times. The truth is, every woman wants to be treated like a 2yrs old girl at times, that’s why women behave childish or silly at times.
2. You may have an argument with your wife and the next thing is that you will see her putting her bags outside the house, it doesn’t mean she is asking for a divorce, she is just being childish, she simply wants you to hold her, look her in the eyes and say “I am sorry for the argument” (though not in every situation).
3. That’s women for you. Every brother needs to study in the university of women before getting married, read books about them, learn what the Bible and Quran says about us and you will hardly have a problem with them.
Though there may still be some challenges because you’re both from different backgrounds and your imperfections are bound to stand. So, read books about marriage, an ideal home, child upbringing, the importance of marriage, and the like. Don’t just jump into marriage with an empty head about matrimony, you will have problems.
4. How many men can tolerate their wives nagging let alone shouting? It’s said that, you should be quiet when your spouse is angry, when one person is fire, the other person should be water.
5. Brothers, when your wife steps on your feet intentionally or mistakenly, don’t let your eyes turn red, just smile at her, if she did it intentionally, she is just playing with you, if she did it mistakenly, its not her fault. So why shout at her over every small mistake?
6. As a man learn to ignore some things, don’t be petty. Some men are feminists; Do “hide and seek” with your wife, sing poems for your wife in the garden or inside the house, even if she is teasing you.
7. Assist her in the house chores, pound yam, fetch water, don’t make her look like your maid. Bathe together, wake her up for prayers, swim with her if it’s available, cook together, teach her how to cook if she doesn’t know how to cook your favorite. Cooking is not the ticket to Paradise. It’s not only a feminine duty.
8. Use blindfolds to cover her eyes and tickle her, scare her at times, call her from work/ school, text her, write “I love you” in a small note and put it under her pillow or in her purse or in her bathroom or in her cosmetics box or inside her cupboard. Kiss her always, cuddle her, pamper her, and play with her hair. Always tell her, she’s beautiful and that you’re happy to have her as your partner.
9. All these are part of being romantic…When a woman tells you that you are not romantic. It means you are not doing all these things, it’s not the romance in the bedroom she is talking about. That’s why, you brothers have to study “women’s language” it’s a 4-year course.